Innovation and Business Solutions Developer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Developer to join a newly formed team, where you will be responsible for creating reliable and robust solutions, for use within UK Operations and other areas of the organisation. With a proven track record in a similar role, you will thrive on applying innovative solutions to complex business problems and be able to demonstrate an expert level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access, together with an advanced knowledge of VBA coding. You will also act as a Mentor to a less experienced member of the team and work with them closely, in order to build up their existing skills set.
- Translate business projects and challenges into practical and effective solutions.
- Gather requirements to understand the characteristics of a successful outcome.
- Plan, develop and deliver high-quality results, on-time, using a variety of technical approaches.
- Maximise effectiveness of existing tools available via the desktop/Citrix environments.
- Identify opportunities to implement innovative combinations of technologies and processes, to improve Operational effectiveness.
- Develop intuitive solutions that improve and integrate the end-user experience.
- Maintain and enhance existing business solutions, to meet with evolving requirements.
- Create and manage a library of reusable digital components, to help bolster team capability and responsiveness.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Develop a solid understanding of the Marsh RPA Blueprism environment.
- Become responsible for oversight of RPA development within UK Operations, including monitoring and controlling processes, queues and resources.
- Partner with other colleagues to develop and expand upon RPA initiatives within UK Operations.
Innovation and Creative Initiatives
- Become an expert in the latest Insurance and InsurTech trends, innovation, (digital) client needs, and competitive landscape.
- Propose new ideas and advancements, to help deliver cultural change in technology usage.
- Work with Senior Management to ensure continued alignment on strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with Marsh IT and Marsh Digital colleagues, to ensure widest reach on new / existing production development opportunities.
- Provide assistance to other employees and performs various administrative and other duties as needed.
- Good standard of education, ideally within a relevant, IT related discipline
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access, including extensive knowledge of formula and other advanced functionalities.
- Advanced level of VBA coding ability, including a good understanding of the VBA MS Office object models across Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
- Knowledge and practical experience of working with relational databases, such as MS Access and SQL.
- Ability to research and overcome technical challenges as part of the development process.
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrated analytical skills and proven experience in applying a systematic and disciplined approach to development work.
- Excellent communication, time management and teamwork skills.
- Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Team-player with a desire to succeed and be a part of a successful team and organization.
- Establishes priorities and organises time efficiently to ensure tasks are completed on or ahead deadlines
- Understanding of Robotic Process Automation techniques and principles, preferably with some Blueprism knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Insurance principles.
- Possesses a high level of energy, professional persistence and ability to build relationships and networks.
- Have a passion for emerging technologies like Blockchain, AI, IoT, Machine Learning etc.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance programme management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide.
Benefits and Culture
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include: generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and a number of other programmes. We also fully support continued professional development and where appropriate, will assist you in obtaining industry specific qualifications, relevant to your area, such as support and funding for CII Exams.
Marsh also offers a flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances. For example, these include options to buy season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, additional days’ holiday, dental, travel and personal accident insurance, together with a number of staff discounts available in the retail and leisure sectors, such as discounted gym membership.
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.