Insurance Technician (Energy Department) – Leading Global Insurance Broker
Norwich City Centre
Starting salary dependent on skills and experience
If you’re good with figures, have an incredible eye for detail and are confident working with MS Excel, we would like to hear from you.
Ideally you will come from a technical business operations/insurance background, with an analytical mind set and a loyal and committed attitude. You will also enjoy a busy and challenging workload and work well autonomously and as part of a wider team. Previous experience of working within a regulated environment such as Pensions or Financial Services would also be ideal, where high levels of accuracy are crucial.
- Produce insurance documentation such as invoices, covering letters and cover notes, ensuring that these are sent to the client in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with numerical data and excel spreadsheets.
- Ensure that internal systems are updated correctly and ready for when payments are made.
- Work on large, complex, global insurance contracts, involving multiple insurers and high value insurance placements.
- Gain excellent exposure to the commercial insurance industry and thrive on working autonomously to deliver outstanding levels of service, whilst developing expertise within your field.
- Manage and prioritise your own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of your specific sector
Key skills/experience required:
- Good standard of education, to include Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Previous office/technical/insurance related experience, which has demanded high attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Good numeracy skills, with previous experience of working with figures.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to promote continuous improvement and respond positively to change.
- Previous experience of working to SLA’s or within a process driven environment advantageous.
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 Billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Benefits & Culture:
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include; generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and a number of other programmes. We also support continued professional development and where appropriate will assist you in obtaining industry specific qualifications relevant to your area, such as support and funding for CII Exams.
Marsh also offers a flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances. For example, these include options to buy season ticket loans, additional days’ holiday, dental, travel and personal accident insurance, together with a number of staff discounts available in the retail and leisure sectors, such as discounted gym membership.
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.