- Based in London
- A fantastic opportunity to start your career with Mercer"EURTMs investment consulting team specialising in strategy projects
The Investment Analyst will be working as part of a team to develop and deliver customised advice and solutions on risk management to corporates and pension scheme clients. The Investment Analyst will support a number of medium sized clients and will act as an integral part of a client team for larger, complex clients.
Why you will love this role?
Besides working for one of the world"EURTMs largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services; you will be a part of our investment consulting team that specialises in delivering strategic financial advice to pension sponsors, fiduciaries and managers. You will deliver advice on pension risk assessment, management and reduction to help clients achieve their own unique risk management objectives.
As you grow within your role, you will take on additional responsibility whilst developing both your technical and client facing skills. Mercer also provides full-study support for a variety of professional qualifications, including the CFA (level 1 "EUR" 3) and Actuarial exams.
In this role you will be:
- Dealing with technical queries received from the client, third parties and internal clients
- Analysing alternative risk profiles to assist in developing new strategies to meet client objectives
- Adapting technical modelling to meet client requirements
- Assisting in determining client requirements and work deliverables to meet client objectives
- Checking technical accuracy, reasonableness and "EUR~sense checking"EURTM your own work and that of others. You will be consistently delivering high quality work with minimal errors to the agreed timeline
- Supporting senior members of staff in the research, analysis and general preparation of materials for new business proposals
- Producing and/or checking complex numerical analysis on client risk profiles and the impact of risk on key financial metrics
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Making good progress on Actuarial, CFA and CAIA qualifications (or equivalent)
- Current professional experience as either an Actuary, Investment/research Analyst or consultant within Corporate finance
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
About the company:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We"EURTMre in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees "EUR" whether we"EURTMre designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people"EURTMs current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we"EURTMve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer