We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Project Co-ordinator to join our Transformation Programme Team. Working as part of the UK PMO team the role is to provide specialised and professional project co-ordination across our core consultancy businesses.
This position is for a recognized specialist with technical skills and knowledge in Project Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support on projects with multi-dimensions, a high level of visibility, importance and complexity.
You will have a very strong track record of leading co-ordination of projects with business, IT and central function elements through full project lifecycles to develop and deploy appropriate solutions. The role would be ideal for someone who is a very experienced Project Co-ordinator and is now ready to take the next step in their career. If you are confident, have a positive outlook and are a great team player we would love to hear from you.
The key focus of the role would include:
- The ability to use and promote established project management tools and approaches. You will be a governance expert and know how to keep those unfamiliar with project management on the right track without being a slave to process.
- Ensuring that plans are maintained, including identifying project risks and escalating them appropriately. Producing accurate and audience appropriate meeting notes and actions.
- Managing the reporting requirements of the project ensuring information is delivered to deadlines and of a high quality.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal clients and colleagues working on the project. Being the main point of contact for co-ordinating all aspects of the project, keeping stakeholders informed of the project status.
- Managing the change control process.
- Troubleshooting medium to high level administrative problems and identifying areas for process improvement.
- Essential experience skills & attributes
- Proven experience of supporting complex and major projects in equivalent sized business environments
- Knowledge of business change and IT project methodologies
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
- A quick learner who can immerse themselves in the purpose and essence of a project at a level that"EURTMs adds great value and is far more than administrative support.
Working knowledge of the UK Consulting or Insurance Landscape
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We"EURTMre in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees "EUR" whether we"EURTMre designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people"EURTMs current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we"EURTMve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
The role will initially be for 18 months on a fixed term contract basis.