WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. But if you’re applying for apprentice roles, all of these descriptions are probably starting to blur into one. What would you actually be doing if you join us?
Mercer’s Wealth business is a leading global provider of consulting services. What does
this mean in practice? We support companies, trustee boards and individuals to make better,
more informed decisions about their retirement plans, long-term savings, investment strategies
and managing risk.
The nature of the industry is changing and at Mercer we are excited to be leading this change.
We are now looking for apprentices to join Mercer working across a broad range of clients and
projects. If you want to tackle new challenges, develop a breadth of skills, be a part of a
growing business and have fun at the same time, read on.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- An aptitude for project management, data analysis and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. “Soft” skills are sometimes the hardest skills of all, and we value these highly
- Ability to work in teams, be flexible and agile
- Work under tight deadlines and ever-changing client needs
- Ninja organisational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Enrolment in a government approved apprenticeship with continued support to complete the qualification
- Excellent development, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Client exposure, across a variety of disciplines, at an early stage
- Learning every day, throughout your career
- Opportunity to work with some of the best people in the industry
- Challenge yourself on a daily basis
- Making an impact – we work with major organisations and our work impacts millions of people every day (it’s true, we’ve done the maths)
- Enhanced focus on consulting and analytical skills
- Top benefits – generous flexible benefits including holiday allowance, volunteering opportunities and some less “traditional” benefits too
- Open, positive culture where diversity is valued
- Professional exam support across a range of subjects
- English and Mathematics GCSE (minimum Grade C or equivalent).
- 104 UCAS points or equivalent
- Legal work authorisation to work in the UK on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need
for sponsorship now or in the future
The apprenticeship will typically take 2 to 3 years to complete.
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our
goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide
our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the
ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re
looking for you! Take a look at our @lifeatMercer twitter feed to get a flavour for what you
might be getting up to.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organisations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.