NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigour, objectivity, and real-world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
NERA’s clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world’s largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Our experts provide economic advice to clients in matters before the European Commission, national competition authorities, European courts, and the courts of member states across the EU, as well as in national and international arbitrations. NERA has advised on many of the highest profile and most complex cases across Europe. The practice draws, as needed, on the talents of more than 100 competition experts employed by NERA across Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific. Our team also draws on highly specialised industry expertise of dozens of additional NERA economists and academic affiliates working in other practice areas of the firm. NERA experts work with clients, legal advisers, and further professional consultants at all stages of a case, from the initial assessment of the relevant competition (and trade) aspects through the preparation of economic reports, supported by strong conceptual analyses and empirical evidence.
We have an opening for a full-time consultant or senior consultant in the Competition practice in London.
Consultants and senior consultants at NERA will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of junior researchers to deliver large-scale, complex analyses
- Conduct high-powered economic research across a wide variety of industries
- Develop economic and financial models to answer critical business questions
- Perform cutting-edge economic analysis on complex real-life issues
- Write research reports and client presentations for senior staff and clients to help them make informed economic decisions
- Influence/direct project strategy, including the preparation and presentation of oral and written testimony
- Collaborate with in-house experts and outside academics
- Manage client relationships
- Participate in business development activities including speaking at events and conferences.
You will need
- Candidates should hold a Master’s or PhD in economics with an exceptional academic record
- At least 6 years of experience in a consulting environment, specialising in competition policy/ antitrust work
- Strong empirical analysis skills including econometrics, and have experience in manipulation, visualisation and analysis of large datasets.
- A high level of technical ability in Stata and familiarity of other languages/tools such as R, Python, Tableau, or VBA would be an advantage.
- Experience in data-scraping and working with APIs is desirable
- Experience of participating in business development activities would be an advantage, for example speaking at conferences
- Team and project management experience
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills; additional fluency in other European languages would be an advantage
What we offer
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits package including defined contribution pension and health insurance
- A comprehensive orientation programme
- Skill enhancement training sessions including Project Management, Business Development, and Deposition training
- The support of Business Development and Marketing Managers responsible for providing tailored and strategic business development services to assist consultants in their development
- Firm-sponsored social activities
- Some travel may be required
For more information about NERA, please visit our website (http://www.nera.com/careers).
To apply for this, position please click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV, cover letter, and transcripts directly to this posting.