With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. NERA has been consistently ranked in the top 3 Economic Consulting firms by Vault (www.vault.com) in the last 10 years.
Our Global Transfer Pricing, Valuation and Intellectual Property Practice offers a full range of independent advice, and valuation support by world-class economists who operate in major locations around the globe and who team effectively to provide global solutions for multinational clients. Our direct, hands-on approach enables us to develop more rigorous, higher quality products, and to collaborate more effectively with our clients. Clients range from some of the largest and best-known companies in the world to mid-size companies, and they cover numerous iconic brands.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Economic Analyst in Paris, ideally starting in
Spring 2020. Economic Analysts are responsible for developing detailed industry analyses,
financial and economic models, and conducting quantitative, statistical and comparative valuation
analyses. They are also expected to contribute to the preparation of economic and financial
The Paris team works with a wide range of industries such as Energy; Transportation; Telecommunication; Fashion; Cosmetics; Luxury; Retail; Life Science etc.
The Paris team works on projects involving assets and company valuation; intercompany transaction pricing for products and services; intellectual property mapping and analysis; pricing of financial instruments; assistance to contract negotiation in relation to remuneration clauses, Tax audits assistance, quantification of damages arising from commercial and Intellectual Property-related disputes; as well as International Arbitration.
The successful candidate will work primarily within the Valuation Intellectual Property, and Transfer Pricing team in Paris as well as with other practices within NERA. They would join a dynamic and inspiring team of PhDs, graduates from the Grandes Ecoles and top tier universities, who work globally with NERA’s other European and US offices, on challenging technical topics. Given the size of the team, new joiners are proactively integrated within the team and join projects from the start.
You will need
- Candidates must hold a master’s or PhD qualification from a top tier university, in Economics, Finance or a related discipline with exceptional analytical skills and strong academic records.
- Ideal candidates will have a mixed economic and financial valuation background with three years’ experience working in corporate finance or valuations. Experience in Transfer Pricing would be an advantage.
- Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented and have the ability to think analytically and critically, and have excellent technical, oral and written communication skills.
- Business fluency in English and French is essential and other European languages would be an advantage.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
- The opportunity to work with an international team of highly experienced professionals in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Work on high profile cases and with clients across the globe
- Firm-sponsored social activities
- There may be an opportunity for international travel
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter. For more information about NERA, please visit our website (www.nera.com).