Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and driven new business developer? Do you have the ability to build and maintain strong business networks and are keen to progress your career whilst attaining industry recognised qualifications, learn new skills and build a strong foundation for a long term career within the insurance industry?
We have a number of exciting opportunities for entrepreneurial new business developers to drive growth within our Marsh Commercial business throughout the south of England.
The strategy includes developing growth in the mid to large commercial sector focussing on key specialisms, promoting the range of value-add products and services we have to offer our clients and prospects.
This is the perfect role for an entrepreneurial, motivated and enthusiastic individual looking for an exciting new challenge and one that offers significant career progression opportunities. The successful candidate will be required to build a strong internal and external network and be comfortable developing and building relationships with prospects to ensure they become new and long term clients of Marsh Commercial. A background in insurance is not essential, however you must have previous experience of working within a targeted face to face business to business sales environment.
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to join a new team operating in a fast paced new business acquisition role
- A platform to build on existing business development skills and an opportunity to receive in-depth sales training to help develop your sales career
- To work diligently in order to build a pipeline of quality prospective clients, and ensure these are effectively nurtured through to conversion
What you will be rewarded with?
- A fantastic suite of employee benefits including an excellent pension contribution and life assurance
- Rewarding commission structure paid quarterly
- 25 days of annual leave plus your birthday off!
We will rely on you to:
- Utilise your natural persistent and entrepreneurial nature to identify opportunities to generate new business across all business lines available through Marsh Commercial
- Become a “Trusted Business Adviser” to your prospects, ultimately turning them in to long term clients
- Ensure Marsh Commercial is represented within the region as a leading community advisory business by building an appropriate network of prospects, centres of influence and insurer contacts
- Utilise your existing customer portfolio to help build a healthy prospect list of potential Marsh Commercial clients.
What you need to have:
- Experience in generating new business opportunities ultimately translating this into genuine business wins
- A passion for relationship building with new prospects
- A keen networker with the desire to build the Marsh Commercial brand within the community
- An entrepreneurial flair
- Industry experience is not an essential requirement - some of our most successful people have come from industries outside of an insurance related field.
What makes you stand out:
- A flair for client interaction and prospecting potential new clients
- Ambitious nature and keen to progress within the commercial insurance industry
- Articulate with strong client facing and stakeholder management abilities
We are Marsh Commercial, a diverse community of colleagues, serving a diverse community of clients with insurance, risk management and employee health and benefits advice and solutions.
We help clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve, combined with the time we take to fully understand and meet a client’s needs, is what sets us apart.
We’re also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. For over 140 years, Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has supported enterprise, helping clients realise, survive and grow in changing times.
We leverage the scale, expertise and access to the broad range of products and services provided by the wider Marsh & McLennan Companies for the benefit of our clients - whilst retaining the flair, flexibility and personal service that our clients have come to expect.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.