Oliver Wyman’s London Office are looking to appoint consultants to support its continued expansion in the Corporate, Finance and Advisory (CFA) team, a strategic priority for the firm. Oliver Wyman’s CFA team serve investor and strategic clients throughout the transaction lifecycle: from opportunity identification through due diligence, M&A execution and on to post-transaction value realization. We achieve this through proven, results-oriented approaches across all sectors of the market. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team. Consultants are given the opportunity for rapid professional growth, to participate in entrepreneurial work, and to share in the success of the team.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
ASSOCIATE break down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying the key aspects of
a problem and directing the focus of junior consultants to those elements. You will effectively
plan and execute analysis as well as identify the core issues in complex analyses in order to be
able to craft suitable recommendations. You’ll work side by side with clients and your project
team members to move projects forward and manage small teams to get the work done. Clients and
colleagues look to Associates for unique insight into the subject area which they have
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
● At least 4-6 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or similar organization).
● Knowledge within Corporate Finance and Due Diligence.
● Individuals who have worked across industries within Corporate, Finance and Advisory are of particular interest.
● A strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills.
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings.
● Fluent in English.
● An undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program.
● Willingness to travel.
● Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use.
● Not just intelligence, but creativity too: you’ll be ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems.
● Have an aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex challenge.
● A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
● Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
● Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
● Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
● Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
● Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.