What can you expect?
The Payroll Manager is a critical role in the organisation, ensuring the payroll for over 10,000 employees in the UK is handled without issues. This position helps to drive continuous improvements and overseas multiple initiatives including TUPE’s and integrations. The candidate will have to work with multiple teams, spread over different locations locally and internationally. Relationship building between the payroll department and the different other Centres of Excellence, as well as third parties, is equally critical to the role.
MMC is a fast moving organisation with many opportunities for the candidate to excel and drive continuous change.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Directing activities regarding the daily work flow; Allocating responsibilities to payroll team ensuring coverage of workflow and payroll processing is accurate and timely; Manage all 3rd Party Payroll Vendor relationships.
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of payrolls consistent with governmental/regulatory wage and hour laws.
- Managing any system changes/enhancement with the vendors in concert with any internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring current payroll practices are in compliance with company policy and governance requirements and that they align with legislative requirements.
- Executing best practice solutions to business partners across the organisation; communicates with various departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data interdependencies.
- Conducting reviews and manages the reconciliation of governmental/statutory tax accounts.
- Participating in special projects requiring payroll compliance oversight.
- Providing coaching / feedback to individuals as well as teams to develop and enhance both individual and team performance.
- Handling real-time decision making, approving time off requests, organizing meetings, project planning and providing direction.
- Supporting the management of business relationship with internal partners and external vendors.
- Providing supporting research and documentation for Manager(s) and COE in situations that require escalation; works with the HRSS Service Delivery team on any process changes, communications, and feedback on services.
- Collaborating with internal HRSS departments as well as HR partners and COEs to ensure efficient and effective service delivery; supports current and future operational changes in scope of work completed by HRSS.
Experience we'd like you to have:
- Strong knowledge of UK tax law.
- People management experience.
- Strong relationship management skills, in particular with HR and the business.
- Experience of process improvement and coaching.
What makes you ideal for the role:
- Proven experience as a Payroll Manager.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. #LI-SH1