We are currently recruiting for a Pensions Administrator to join our Discontinuance team based in Bristol. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has completed their education with some office experience to translate their skills and experience into a role where you can see the tangible results of your efforts. You will receive thorough training and development.
Why you will love this role?
The role is varied and the main objective is to undertake the administration tasks for a portfolio of schemes in wind-up or PPF assessment efficiently, effectively and professionally.
It will suit an organised individual with good analytical skills and attention to detail who is keen to develop their professional skills within a truly world class environment "EUR" one that recognises your ability, rewards your initiative and encourages you to reach your full potential in the rapidly changing pensions industry.
And that"EURTMs why you"EURTMll fit in perfectly at Mercer!
In this role you will:
- Meet the administration needs of a portfolio of clients in wind-up or PPF assessment whilst maintaining a commercial focus and working within specified timescales laid down in service contracts
- Ensure that the quality of output to customers is technically correct, including scaling back benefits to reflect the funding position of schemes where appropriate. This includes ensuring that priorities both internally and with the client are agreed and deadlines for timely payment of benefits, delivery of service standards and meeting disclosure requirements are met.
- Take an active role in the cleansing of scheme data - utilising your technical and analytical skills and will accurately calculate and communicate benefits.
- Have the opportunity to liaise with all parties in relation to any wind-ups - including Members, Trustees, Legal advisers, Regulatory bodies and the Inland Revenue giving you exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities include annual reporting - including completion of Regulatory returns and using your initiative to respond to telephone and written queries as appropriate.
- Good Excel, Word and Email
- Good numerical skills
- Office experience
- Experience in a Pensions Administration environment/Financial Services industry is desirable but not essential
- Graduate desirable
- Studying or prepared to study for professional pensions qualifications is desirable but not essential
About the company:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We"EURTMre in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees "EUR" whether we"EURTMre designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people"EURTMs current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we"EURTMve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer