We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Property Risk Engineer to join our Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) practice, the team is predominately based in London but we are flexible on the location of this role. The Marsh Property Risk Consulting Practice work with clients to eliminate or reduce the probability and severity of any potential loss suffered at the clients’ property. Using best practice aligned with loss prevention guidance codes, our experienced and globally deployed consultants offer practical advice to reduce risk.
Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) forms part of Marsh’s Client Advisory Service (CAS), which provides Strategic and Operational Risk advice to the world's largest companies. We are a professional services firm consisting of consultants, actuaries, accountants, and ex-lawyers.
What can you expect?
- An environment where you can make the difference every day
- A high-speed, experienced, curious and collaborative team
- An opportunity to develop and grow your career in global organisation
What you will be rewarded with?
- A competitive salary and flexible benefits package
- A wealth of career opportunities in a growing company
We will rely on you to:
- Review clients’ sites and operations to identify and analyse risks to assets and revenue, and to estimate their replacement valuation cost in accordance with RICS standards
- Prepare concise and clear reports, both to describe the risk to insurers and to assist clients with risk improvement
- Prepare valuation reports
- Provide risk management advice and consultancy on asset protection, fire engineering, security, risk management standards and training
- Work with clients and Marsh colleagues to develop new and expanded business opportunities
- Work with colleagues in Property Risk Consulting to develop new consulting services and product
What you need to have:
- Proven experience of property risk assessment, including fire, natural hazard and security risk assessment is essential for this position
- Proven experience of building and equipment / machinery valuation is highly desirable
- Good technical knowledge of property, engineering or manufacturing risk is essential
- Good report writing skills for risk management and technical reports
- Sprinkler knowledge
What makes you stand out:
- Sprinkler knowledge
- Insurance background
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Mercer, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.