At Mercer, we make a difference in the health, wealth and careers of 110 million people every day. Mercer’s mission is to help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement, or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Mercer / JLT UK will have a combined head of c 4,100 colleagues and post JLT integration (subject to regulatory approval) will have revenues of c £630m
We are looking for an HR Leader for the UK. This opportunity will report to our Chief People Officer for International and to the UK CEO locally and will be responsible for providing strategic HR leadership to a complex market. This involves providing direction, leadership, and developing strategy on the full range of HR areas of specialty and consult on broader business issues of workforce planning and organisational design and management. The role is a member of the UK leadership team and is a regulated role. Potentially, the role would be a board position.
- Partner with the leadership team in driving transformational change, covering culture, organisational design, leadership development and workforce changes and act as a sounding board and advisor on all People and Culture issues
- Partner with leaders to identify and champion organizational and leadership development needs with a heavy focus on diversity and inclusion
- Provide strategic advice on recruiting, assessment and selection of senior staff (both internal and external)
- Manage movement of workforce in and out of the organization as the business needs change (including acquisitions)
- Partner with leaders to ensure strong, diverse talent pipelines
- Partner with the MMC Talent Acquisition CoE to meet business requirements for a qualified and diverse pool of new talent and with MMC Shared Services to ensure HR processes are efficient and of high quality.
- Manage the year-end compensation process
- Oversee the development, co-ordination and implementation of HR policies and programs and ensure compliance with legal, company and employee standards.
- Provide leadership and management of the HR team
- Sits on the Cross OpCo MMC HR team for the UK
- Extensive knowledge of HR and experience in managing a sizeable function
- Board experience would be beneficial
- Experience working in a matrix environment ideally within a large Financial or Professional Services environment