We are currently recruiting for Insurance Professionals to join our growing business. Your role will be looking after your own portfolio of commercial clients, you will be responsible for retaining a set targeted amount. We operate within a regulated environment. All tasks, duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to our internal policies and procedures and FCA requirements in general.
Outbound calling clients to first asses their business needs, negotiating favourable terms from our dedicated broking team and going back to the client with our offerings in a professional manner..
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- To undertake active diary management, quoting clients within the desired time frame.
- To ensure the insurance product is suited to the client’s needs by accurately checking all sums insured at renewal.
- To liaise with the Broking Team ensuring we have the best terms available.
- To effectively contribute to the achievement of monthly team targets and hit all individual KPI’s set by the Renewals Manager.
- To handle all incoming calls swiftly & professionally.
- To respond to ad hoc queries and questions from internal and external sources in an accurate and timely manner.
- We operate within a regulated environment. All tasks, duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to our internal policies and procedures and FCA requirements in general.
We are looking for customer focused individuals who have a passion to learn. Experience in customer facing roles would be beneficial, as would experience of working in fast paced contact centres, however this is not essential as you will be provided with an extensive training programme to develop your knowledge
- GCSE Maths and English grade C (or equivalent)
- Outbound telesales experience
- Client negotiation
- Ability to negotiate renewals terms in order to retain the client’s business
- Literate and numerate
- Effective decision making ability
- Able to adopt effective influencing styles
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Target-driven and self-motivated
- Assertive but pleasant manner
- Experience gained within the insurance or financial services sector
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn monthly bonus
- 26 days holiday with a buy and sell option
- Attractive pension scheme (up to xx% contribution)
- Staff discounts with over 100 providers and high street stores
- City Centre location
SME Insurance Services Ltd (SMEi) is an insurance broker providing commercial insurance to small and medium sized businesses. With over 15 years’ experience catering for the insurance needs of small businesses and over 19,000 customers nationwide, we offer a range of insurance products suited to the varied needs of today’s businesses.
SMEi is part of Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.