Are you looking for the opportunity to be part of a fast growing, agile, innovative, exciting business with the backing of a large corporate organisation?
Moola is embarking on its next growth stage and we are looking for a Sales Leader to drive asset capture and revenue growth. Working with a multitude of opportunities across the different parts of the MMC organisation, you will set and implement commercially viable, pragmatic and effective sales strategies for each of the teams identified as a clear route to market. This will be evidenced by a smooth-running sales process, deals closed and assets captured; having won buy-in from the appropriate stakeholders.
You will also engage with key stakeholders to become a leading voice in the industry, as well as being responsible for helping to deliver the Moola P&L.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Operate as an effective member of the Moola Team, developing the growth and sales strategy whilst contributing to the wider corporate strategy.
- Balance longer lead time (larger) deals with quicker (smaller) deals to validate traction delivering independently, on own initiative.
- Develop a high growth business and scalable sales strategy to be presented to the Moola Exec at a time to be agreed.
- Cover a geography or location, cultivate new clients through professional skills and meetings and seek to drive growth, internal and external engagement and maintain competitive market positioning.
- Drive the growth of the business. Identify, negotiate, close, implement and nurture partnerships to acquire sufficient number of customers efficiently and effectively.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in all parts of MMC (Wealth, Career, Marsh, Oliver Wyman, Guy Carpenter) to identify areas of mutual commercial opportunity.
- Engage with global colleagues on global strategy and market led initiatives and drive for the UK as appropriate.
- Develop a relationship with all segment leaders to ensure Moola is helping deliver to the business. This will require liaison over usage of appropriate resource and a value exchange in terms of intellectual capital for client services to use with clients.
- Work with the operations team and Compliance/Legal to ensure that any new services/arrangements are compliant with the Risk Register, the Greater Good and FCA guidelines.
- Acquire and maintain required industry and technical knowledge.
- Drive to improve Moola"EURTMs bottom line and closing partnership deals for a clear, quantifiable client bank and significant revenue generation.
- Align what we promise to clients, with what the tech team can deliver and identify commercial and service levels that satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate attractive deal terms, push deals to a close and include clauses to motivate partners to accelerate customer introductions.
- Be a role model for staff, setting the best example of the values and behaviours that we aspire to uphold.
- Support and champion People Priorities and the delivery of people plans.
- Actively champion the People Managers Charter and the Non Negotiable Leadership Behaviours.
- Network internally, nationally and internationally, in line with role objectives.
- Provide strong leadership ensuring that direct reports are developed and that their performance is effectively managed, in particular ensuring that they are effectively managing their teams.
- Advises and coaches sales team on sales best-practices and nuanced presentation and negotiation skills for high-risk, or high-yield accounts.
- Ensure that Talent amongst direct reports is actively managed and that appropriate succession plans are in place.
- Ensure that staff engagement plans are delivered to increase engagement scores and morale.
- Ensure that absence is effectively managed amongst direct reports.
- Ensure that all direct reports comply with the Mercer processes and that appropriate training and development plans are in place.
- Participate in the annual salary review process.
- Deliver Moola financial goals as part of overall shared responsibility to deliver Market Development segment financial goals.
- Convert leads into partnership deals, with project management and contract management within tight timescales and within budget
- Report to the Moola Exec on customer and asset growth; cost of customer acquisition and lifetime value.
- Ensure sales team schedules and high priority accounts are appropriately delegated.
- Ensure delivery of personal, segment and UK financial budgets.
- Work with the Finance Business Partner to find ways of driving down costs and driving up revenue.
- Work with the Finance Business Partner to ensure that financial forecasts are accurate and timely
Your knowledge, skills and experience will include:
- Top performer with sufficient influence and leadership skills to win buy-in, execute their plan and close deals
- Experienced professional with a strong track record of complex technology sales, contract negotiation, deal closure and implementation
- Sales strategy inception, senior stakeholder buy-in and initiative roll-out
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Skilled at calculating commercial viability, revenue generation potential and cost impact of opportunities, prioritising resources appropriately
- Ability to create, build and manage a sales pipeline
- An understanding of the competitive landscape and customer needs
- Self-starter, dedicated, driven and resilient
- Pragmatic, delivery and solutions-focused, detail-oriented and operationally robust
- Commercially astute
- Stakeholder management, communication and relationship building
- Leadership & influence
- Developer of people
- Ideally with additional relevant qualification such as an MBA, ACII or equivalent
Moola is the award-winning digital saving and investment service for financial wellbeing. The business was successfully built, launched and acquired within 3 years by JLT Employee Benefits; then acquired by MMC.