This is an opportunity to join a fast growing, strategically vital department of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) during an exciting time for our in-house application development team. You will have a key role in delivering in innovative mobile and web apps for our clients, brokers and advisors.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new insurance mobile and web apps, with a focus on maximising business value delivered.
- Promoting and adopting good practices in software development. We are passionate about clean code practices and test-driven development.
- This is a new journey for MMC; and as such this position will involve helping us to drive and shape what that will look like
- Collaborating with team members and customers, sharing opinions and listening to others.
- Mentoring more junior team members
- Contributing to improving our global technology approach, in areas such as:
- Cloud Platforms, Container Technology, API Gateways, Microservices, Logging and Messaging Platforms
- Agile and DevOps delivery methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and Express (or similar open source server-side language/framework, with desire to learn Node.js and Express)
- Excellent knowledge of Angular (or similar frontend framework, with desire to learn Angular)
- Excellent knowledge of Mongo (or another database technology, with desire to learn Mongo)
- Excellent knowledge of REST
- Passion for TDD
- Passion for clean code
- Work experience in a DevOps/Agile culture
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience reviewing code
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- UI/UX design
Priority will be given to candidates with open source code publically available on GitHub or similar.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.Visitwww.mmc.comfor more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.