Do you enjoy sharing your Pension knowledge to build junior staff members?
Do you consider yourself a natural leader?
Are you a knowledgeable about different Pension schemes?
Do you like the idea of another challenge?
Reporting to the Team Manager, this role is at the very core of Mercer Services within the Wealth arm of our business supporting policy holders and the Client.
The main purpose of this role is to assist managing the policy holders ensuring that they receive the information they need to enable them to make informed decisions on their benefits, running pension increases etc. and in addition delivering to the client in terms of data delivery and valuation work. You will have regular client contact, as the client is a regular visitor to the office. This role will also allow you to build your own skillset as a coach and leader by guiding and teaching our administrators to develop their experience. You will do this through peer reviewing their work, providing constructive feedback but also role modelling your own experience dealing with complex calculations and sharing your industry knowledge.
Perhaps you have extensive experience as a Pensions Administrator and want a new change/challenge. Or, maybe you’re looking for a change of pace with a different role?
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- To promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
- Act as a coach and provide timely feedback to peers
- Respond to errors and ensure complaints are handled effectively following the specific Client process
- Be a champion of change and provide opinions if you have an idea to create more efficiencies
- Act as a mentor and peer review your colleagues work and guide them along the way
- Continuous achievement of 95% Service Levels for member processing and completion of scheme event processing in line with timescales agreed with the clients at the required level of quality.
To be successful in this role you will already have:
- Strong previous Pension Administration experience
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about different schemes
- Some people leader skills (confidence in providing feedback and conducting peer reviews)
- GSCE completion in mathematics and English (grade C and above)
Benefits of working with us
At Mercer, we offer a range of benefits and rewards (some of which are listed below) in exchange for your willingness to learn, interest in Pensions and to progress within the team.
Interested? Please apply online by submitting your resume and a brief cover letter stating what attracts you to this role.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter