What can you expect?
- This in an important part of MMC’s centralized Financial & Regulatory Reporting Team responsible for the timely and accurate production of Annual Financial Statements, Regulatory reports and returns.
- MMC has recently acquired JLT and this 18 month Fixed term contract role will be part of a newly created team within the Financial & Regulatory Reporting team.
- Within this role you will have opportunities to work with UKGAAP, IFRS and USGAAP and will receive exposure to more unusual accounting transactions including disposals/business transfers.
- This opportunity would suit a candidate with a good understanding of GAAP requirements, a keen eye for detail and an ability drive a process forward in a fast paced environment
What is in it for you?
A competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including a car allowance, pension of up to 12% company contributions, life assurance, 26 days holiday.
The opportunity to work with a leading global organisation
We will count on you to:
- Ensure the annual financial statements of the JLT Group’s subsidiary companies are accurate, of the highest standard and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the returns to the Financial Conduct Authority for regulated companies within the JLT UK Group.
- Review of financial statements for UK based companies produced by the off shore team in Mumbai, including review and confirmation of any adjustments to the ledger balances
- Support the off shore team in understanding/calculating adjustments to ledger numbers
- Assist with drafting of specific/non routine notes to the accounts, eg disposals
- Liaison with external auditors during the course of their annual audit, support for the audit team and management of queries.
- Working with the on shore and off shore teams, ensuring that financial statements are accurate and adhere to GAAP and Companies Act requirements
- Review and/or calculation of balances and disclosures in technical areas, eg IFRS16
- Liaison with other departments in the Group to obtain clearance for financial statements, including Company Secretariat
- Working with the tax team to provide insight and understanding of balances and transactions in financial statements to enable accurate corporation tax calculations to be completed
- Other technical accounting query resolution and ad-hoc investigations/analysis as and when required.
- Preparation of Board papers to accompany financial statements when presented to the Board of Directors
- Attendance at Board meetings as required to present and discuss financial statements
- Involvement in ad hoc Financial projects, support and projects of other finance projects.
- Pro-actively suggest improvements and develop best practices within Finance to improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency and added value of the services provided.
- Understanding the filing requirements for each of the Group’s regulated companies and working with the on shore and off shore teams to ensure accurate data submission is achieved
- Liaison with other teams outside the UKI Controllership teams to obtain information required for statutory and regulatory reporting
What you need to have:
- Experience of financial statement preparation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales.
- Excellent IT Skills (including Excel and Word)
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and team player – develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
What makes you stand out:
- Experience of IFRS and US GAAP
- Understanding of Oracle Financials – GL, OneSource accounts production and Smartstream
- Experience of preparation and review of regulatory returns required by the Financial Conduct Authority
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs