What can you expect?
- This in an important part of MMC’s centralized Financial & Regulatory Reporting Team responsible for the timely and accurate production of Annual Financial Statements, Regulatory reports and returns.
- MMC has recently acquired JLT and this 18 month Fixed term contract role will be part of a newly created team within the Financial & Regulatory Reporting team. You will be involved in the managing of the audit process for the JLT UK entities within the Group
- You will gain exposure at a senior level across MMC and have opportunities to work with UKGAAP, IFRS and USGAAP, working alongside highly experienced colleagues.
- This opportunity would suit a candidate with a good understanding of GAAP requirements, a keen eye for detail and an ability drive a process forward in a fast paced environment
What is in it for you?
- 18 month Fixed term contract with a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including a car allowance, pension of up to 12% company contributions, life assurance, 26 days holiday.
- The opportunity to work within a leading global organisation.
We will count on you to:
- To be very hands on, a good overview eye for detail and an analytical way of thinking. Main tasks will be reviewing and assisting with the production of financial statements and regulatory returns to the FCA
- Assist with the management of the year end process for certain entities in the Group including ensuring documents are delivered to stakeholders in a timely manner and the correct quality assurance procedures are followed
- Liaise with other departments across the Group to ensure board meetings are arranged and appropriate documents are provided
- Document the quality assurance process for the financial statements and ensuring that each set of financial statements produced has been subject to this process
- Liaise with external auditors during the course of their annual audit, support for the audit team and management of queries
- Assist with the management of the overall year end process, eg assistance in ensuring review meetings are booked and any queries resolved.
- Liaise with other departments in the Group to obtain clearance for financial statements, including Company Secretariat
- Liaise with other teams outside the UKI Controllership teams to obtain information required for statutory and regulatory reporting
- Review of financial statements for UK based companies produced by the off shore team in Mumbai, including review and confirmation of any adjustments to the ledger balances
- Support the off shore team in understanding/calculating adjustments to ledger numbers.
- Work with the on shore and off shore teams, ensuring that financial statements are accurate and adhere to GAAP and Companies Act requirements
- Work with the tax team to provide insight and understanding of balances and transactions in financial statements to enable accurate corporation tax calculations to be completed.
- Prepare Board papers to accompany financial statements when presented to the Board of Directors
- Attend Board meetings as required to present and discuss financial statements
- Involvement in ad hoc Financial projects, support and projects of other finance projects.
What you need to have:
- Experience of IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience of financial statement preparation
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and team player – develop close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
What makes you stand out:
- Understanding of Oracle Financials, OneSource and Smartstream
- Experience of preparation and review of regulatory returns required by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Excellent IT Skills (including Excel and Word)
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs