Are you an Insurance or Reinsurance professional with experience and technical knowledge of either major or commercial lines of business? Do you have significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter? Are you looking to apply the experience you have gained, within a role that’s truly progressive and offers full responsibility of a client portfolio? Do you aspire to work for a global business that works with clients of all sizes to define, design and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk? If you have answered yes to all of the above, then we may have the opportunity you’re looking for!
The role involves validation of Client periodic accounts and cash loss submissions against the risk contract documentation, accurate processing of associated transactions into our core systems, subsequent monitoring of the financial position in conjunction with IBA, and the collection/payment of funds via market systems (where applicable). The production/maintenance of statistics may also be required.
Client Relationships & Team Working
- Ensure that own work and the work of the proportional treaty technicians in Mumbai is processed accurately and in accordance with internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)/Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Work with team members in the UK and Mumbai to service Clients’ accounts.
- Assist proportional treaty technicians in Mumbai with queries.
Proportional Treaty Processing
- Validation of Client periodic accounts and cash loss submissions against the risk contract documentation
- Accurate processing of associated transactions into our core systems or preparation of an instruction sheet to facilitate processing by the Mumbai team.
- Processing via market systems (where applicable) monitoring responses through to agreement/settlement.
- Liaise with Clients, Underwriters and Placing Brokers to resolve queries.
- Produce statistics as required.
- Participate in presentations and meetings with Clients and Reinsurers as required.
- Responsible for ensuring timely payments to Clients and liaison with IBA as appropriate.
System and Processes
- Ensure that all statutory regulations and company procedures are adhered to.
- Appropriate use of internal systems and controls.
- A good understanding and processing capability via market systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools specifically Excel and Word.
- Strong understanding of Reinsurance principles, Reinsurance contracts and market practices.
- Relationship Building.
- Ability to work in a team and at times under pressure in a very busy environment.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and through others to deliver results.
Planning and Organising
- Set objectives and apply structured thinking in order to achieve these targets.
- Able to work efficiently in a self-directed manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and organise workloads effectively in order to meet business timescales.
- Demonstrates an effective approach to multi-tasking and time management.
Drive and Resilience
- Eager to learn and develop.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive previous experience plus processing proportional treaty business within a broker or a reinsurer.
About Guy Carpenter
Guy Carpenter is the world’s premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide. For more information about our company, please visit us at www.guycarp.com