Are you an ambitious Finance professional looking for a new opportunity working for a global organisation that offers immediate responsibility and development opportunities? Do you have a strong academic background and a meticulous eye for detail? Are you looking to utilise the experience you have gained in balancing multiple deliverables whilst satisfying a strict control environment by retaining the highest standards of governance? If you have answered yes to the above, then this could be the role for you.
We have a great opportunity at Marsh & McLennan Companies for a Staff Accountant to join our business and support the continued growth of our Accounting Operations division. Based in Witham, Essex, but part of a global team, the support this position provides will be vital in maintaining and developing the track record of success MMC has in ensuring all month-end and quarter-end deliverables are met.
- Production & control review of all balance sheet reconciliations within functional team remit
- Exception reporting and perform checks prior to issuing
- Ensure timely investigation and resolution of any exception items
- Ensure all month-end and quarter-end deliverables are met
- Communicate regularly with offshore counterpart
- To play a lead role in the continuous improvement of business processes
- Record and monitor new tasks through change control process
- Mailbox management
- Attend meetings with managers, colleagues and clients as required.
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks, projects and initiatives as required.
- Assist auditors and SOX testers.
- Assist with current and future accounting operation transitions
- Delivery of training to Offshore teams
- Journal creation, review and approvals
- Preparation and review of quarterly reporting schedules
- Revenue system interface checking
- Intercompany loan entries and reconciliations
- Hedging entries and reconciliations
- Foreign Exchange analysis
- Foreign Currency exposure reporting
- Foreign Currency trading in line with exposures
- Bad Debt calculations and reconciliations
- Cancellation reserves and reconciliations
- Revenue accrual & deferral analysis
- Fiduciary reconciliations to sub ledger
Skills & Experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills, including experience working within a similar shared services environment.
- An excellent academic background, ideally working towards becoming a fully qualified CIMA or ACCA Accountant.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with both clients and colleagues within a fast moving professional team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.