A rare opportunity to gain a huge amount of exposure within a global accounting environment with assets of up to 10 Bio USD.
This is a chance to gain this global experience working from our London office.
You will be working within a centralized Financial & Regulatory Reporting Team responsible for the timely and accurate production of Annual Financial Statements, Regulatory reports and returns.
- To be a client service representative of Finance, maintaining regular contact with clients to provide a value added service through process improvement and query resolution aided by close working relationships with Marsh & McLennan’s offshore provider.
- To meet and exceed customer service level agreements and quality standards for the support given to the client, including:
- Review and production of annual financial statements for active EMEA companies, including liaison with external auditors during the course of their annual audit. Preparation of annual company files, backing up disclosed numbers in the financial statements.
- Corporation tax and deferred tax calculations for group reporting and agreeing to local returns.
- Controlling the Hub processing of quarterly tax provisions and reporting for various European companies, including group tax reporting using one-source.
- Technical accounting query resolution and ad-hoc investigations/analysis as and when required.
- Preparation and control of legal entity quarterly forecasts for allocated countries and companies.
- Production of monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory and governmental reports.
- Produce sub consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for controllers and local management.
- Liaison with local service providers (e.g. EY) with a view to completion of local regulatory returns, such as VAT.
- Assisting with monitoring company balance sheets to ensure any foreign exchange exposure is kept to a minimum
- Liaison with a number of stakeholders including outsource providers, Systems Support, Payroll or Treasury for the resolution of queries and problems.
- Involvement in ad hoc Financial projects, support and projects of other functions in the Witham finance Hub
- Pro-actively suggest improvements and develop best practices within Finance to improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency and added value of the services provided.
- Attend meetings with clients as required.
- Assist other members of onshore and offshore finance as required
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks, projects and initiatives as required.
- Assist auditors and SOX testers.
- Provide cover for other members of the team.
- Experience of Practice Accounting and Controllership environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales.
- Excellent IT Skills (including Excel and Word)
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent or close to qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to check work of self and others
- Flexible and team player – develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Relevant exposure to Statutory reporting gained by working in a financial services environment
- Experience of IFRS and US GAAP
- Understanding of Oracle Financials – GL and Hyperion Smartview
- Understanding of the Insurance Broking Industry and it’s regulation
- Experience of CaseWare and/or One Source is highly desirable
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs