Every organisation says that people are at the heart of their business but in this role you’ll be able to put that sentiment into practice. Driving Large Projects and Processes across a multidisciplinary team will see you impacting the development practices that are fundamental for the organisation as well as pushing for greater cultural change and progression within the diversity sphere.
The Talent, Learning and Inclusion team is currently growing and this growth reflects our commitment to ensuring that our people have both the technical and soft skills to be successful and that the review processes support the cultural objectives of diversity and inclusion.
With a responsibility that spans 7 regions and multiple talent programs, it’s vital that you are a great influencer balanced with a keen eye for process and detail as well. We’re looking for someone to build on the great foundation we’ve established, take us to the next level and ensure that Marsh continues to be viewed as an employer of choice.
- Designing and project managing talent management programs and processes across global Marsh: talent planning, reviews, succession planning, and mobility strategies
- Working with HR Leadership to effectively pipeline executive/ top talent by supporting follow up to talent review decisions, aligning development actions to future roles, matching supply and demand
- Brokering talent for key leadership roles and ensuring a wider internal succession pool (i.e. make sure that the global talent chessboard is arranged and played effectively). Cultivates a strong partnership with HR Business Partners and Executive level stakeholders to build understanding of business issues, business strategy, and corresponding talent needs
- Leveraging analytics to better understand gaps in critical workforce segments, current health of talent pipeline / succession plans, and design facilitating plans to close the gaps
- Continuously improve talent management approaches and processes empathizing smart simplicity. Stays abreast of current talent trends on both a regional and global basis and solutions to accelerate talent and organizational effectiveness
- Build talent management capabilities in HR and Leadership: upskill current and new HRBPs in further, faster approach; provide content to leadership and learning curriculum where relevant
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and identify key themes both globally and within regions
- Communicates key findings and potential issues to various functions utilizing knowledge of insurance and analytical expertise to validate training programs to support the business strategies
Key Skills & Experience:
- Significant progressive experience within a combined HR business partnering, talent management, and project management role
- Extensive experience working directly and independently with C-Suite stakeholders
- Extensive experience in project and program management with multi-country responsibility
- Ability to project manage multiple global projects on a stand-alone basis, managing multiple countries and timelines, driving results
- A practical business solutions based mind-set that resolves critical business issues and realizes opportunities
- Strong preference for an individual with experience of working in a multi-national, globally matrixed organization; ideally within the insurance or professional services industry
- Strong qualitative skills and the ability to think critically
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to be collaborative and work across diverse cultures, in regional and global teams
- Excellent Excel skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong strategic skills and the ability to move seamlessly from strategic to tactical
- Prior experience with Workday and Cornerstone Learning required
- Degree qualified in in a relevant discipline such as Organization Psychology, Human Resources, or Organizational Behaviour is required
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Closing Date: 29th June 2019