We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader.
The successful candidate will have a natural aptitude for working with people and thrive on being given the opportunity to deliver on a number of key business objectives. Proven people management experience within the Financial Services sector would be ideal, as would a strong track record in customer relationship management.
Please note, this role sits within our operations division where the work is technical in nature and is not a frontline customer services department. Our teams work on large, complex, global insurance contracts, involving multiple insurers and high value insurance placements.
- Ensure team meets key performance indicators and business objectives, through effective management of people and processes.
- Oversee day to day operational activity of the team, managing and prioritising own and team workloads to meet deadlines and targets and maintain quality of service to clients.
- Proactively manage team performance, to achieve quality, compliance and productivity targets.
- Measure, analyse and report on team"EURTMs productivity and progress against objectives.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships, utilising effective communication, with colleagues, clients and third parties, managing challenging situations effectively.
- Proactively handle tasks in line with specific client requirements, departmental procedures and scope of role / limits of authority.
- Contribute to, comply with and oversee internal and external management reporting requirements.
- Seek, identify and facilitate implementation of improvements to working practices or procedures, in line with Change Control protocols, where required.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, including business strategy and objectives.
- Manage the ongoing personal development, competency and performance of team members, addressing poor performance appropriately.
- Provide or facilitate training, coaching, guidance and assistance to colleagues as required.
- Share ideas, knowledge and experience.
- Lead and/or contribute to internal and external meetings and projects as required.
- Participate in internal and external audits as appropriate, including internal controls testing, ensuring any actions for improvement are addressed.
- Proven experience within a back office people management role, ideally from within the Financial Services Sector (Insurance/Banking/Mortgages/Life and Pensions etc.)
- Experience of managing relationships within a customer service driven environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Advanced workload management skills
- Strong motivational, coaching and delegation skills
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective resource management skills
- Ability to promote and adapt to change
- Results driven
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance programme management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide.
Benefits and Culture
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include: generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and a number of other programmes. We also fully support continued professional development and where appropriate, will assist you in obtaining industry specific qualifications, relevant to your area, such as support and funding for CII Exams.
Marsh also offers a flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances. For example, these include options to buy season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, additional days"EURTM holiday, dental, travel and personal accident insurance, together with a number of staff discounts available in the retail and leisure sectors, such as discounted gym membership.
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.