This is an exciting opportunity to join a global technical support team, operating within a diverse new role with a wide range of responsibilities.
- Provides reporting on the status of severity issues, actions, and resolutions during shift
- Assist managers in reviewing incidents, changes and requests; and making recommendations on trends such as excessive aging or incomplete troubleshooting of tickets.
- Maintaining compliance to avoid risks of system outages or compromised data
- Assist Level 1/2 Analysts with monitoring and maintaining all production systems using CA Unicenter/ CA Spectrum, Alertsite or similar Enterprise Monitoring Tool
- Works with and train Level 1 Analyst on proper troubleshooting techniques
- Responsible for creating custom scripts in IBM bigfix tool
- Develops monitoring services to enhance productivity and minimize risks to clients
- Provides recommendations to management regarding monitoring solutions
- Performs in-depth analysis, problem determination and resolutions as it relates to day-to-day operations support
- Perform agent/client rollout like Logrythm, Netbackup, Qualys, HP OO and Enav on UNIX servers
- Responsible for administration of satellite 6 product for OS patching, provisioning.
- Responsible for provisioning, administering and maintenance of Solaris OS GZ/container (Solaris 8, 9, 10 & 11), RHEL servers (RHEL 5.x, 6.x & 7.x) Operating system
- Responsible for provisioning, administering and maintenance of OVM x86, OVM SPARC environment
- Ad-hoc project work
Location "EUR" Liverpool, UK
Job Closing Date "EUR" 19 June 2019
Salary "EUR" Competitive and Excellent Benefits Package
- Good knowledge on installation, administration and configuration of filesytem tools like ZFS pool, VXVM, VERITAS File System, Solaris Volume Manager and ODS, Redhat LVM
- Good working knowledge on VMware private cloud and redhat cluster
- Good knowledge of performance analysis tools with the ability to find the root cause
- Good knowledge on Oracle RAC technology for OS administration
- Good working knowledge of Oracle OVM sparc/x86 hardware and HP proliant hardware
- Good knowledge on san/nas administration with products like EMC, Netapp, Infinidat on solaris and redhat servers
- Excellent knowledge on Shell, bash script according to the requirement
- Good knowledge on AWS/Chef to automate provisioning tasks
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.