Reporting to the UK focused Leader based in London with specific responsibility for the development of new contractor and property owners / developers sector business in the UK.
The role is multi-disciplined and requires an individual with a range of skills and attributes. They should aspire to become the pre-eminent new business professional in our sector combining high level strategic and practical sales skills with the ability to develop a deep working knowledge of the construction/development sector and the classes of insurance relevant to the sector. The candidates should be able to demonstrate strong professional performance as well as first class report writing, communication and presentational skills.
The role will encompass the following:
- Responsibility for the origination and research of new annually renewable and project specific business prospects to include contractors, developers and owners for all industry sectors.
- Identification and qualification of all prospects..
- First contact with prospects including the early introduction of our industry and subject matter experts where required.
- Ongoing relationship building at all levels of seniority within those companies.
- Proactive identification of global companies supporting inward investment in to the UK, that might offer further opportunities outside of the UK.
- Coordination and development of marketing material of all types.
- Development and standardisation of RFP/tender response templates for reports, placemats etc.
- Participation in/with profile raising activities. Seminars, industry forums, briefings, events.
- Project management of RFP’s/tenders including responsibility for report writing and delivering relevant and winning content.
- Preparation and delivery of oral presentations.
- Transition planning for successful bids working with the Practice account servicing teams to ensure early involvement and smooth handover as prospects become clients
- Maintenance of accurate MarshForce data for all prospects / clients.
- Responsibility for supporting the sales relationship with Marsh colleagues in our Corporate and Commercial Practices to ensure appropriate and consistent activity across Marsh UK.
- supporting the divisional sales leader in the recording and collation of sales MI relating to the UK construction practice; all sectors.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.