Who are we?
At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a technology company, developing a SaaS-based fare collection and ticketing platform that allows commuters to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or simply by tapping a bank card to travel. With deployments to over 60 transit agencies across 4 continents, Masabi’s team has been delivering innovation to millions of riders of public transportation for over ten years.
Proving ourselves as true innovators and category leaders, we launched a ticketing SDK - a first for public transit - allowing urban mobility providers like ride-hailing (Uber), journey planners (Transit), and bike and ride-sharing services, to integrate our market-leading ticketing platform into their applications, connecting services together for a seamless user experience. Current customers of Masabi’s SDK include Uber, Transit (NA), Jorudan (Japan) and Kisio/Keolis (France).
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
Masabi is looking for Java Developers to join our expanding Justride Validation team, which is responsible for both the backend server infrastructure powering our ticket validation systems and the software running on the devices themselves.
Our servers need to be extremely reliable - rush hours in big cities depend on them - and performance under heavy load is critical. Software on devices must be equally reliable and, on a smaller scale, equally performant.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of products, all of which are highly visible to our customers. You will play a big part in defining and shaping the solutions that we implement, to ensure not only that our customers get a great experience, but also that we receive enough feedback about our implementation to iterate and improve upon it.
You will have solid core Java and object-oriented skills, and experience of implementing high quality high performance software. Some exposure to any of AWS, embedded Linux, mobile development and large scale operation would be a bonus, but equally valuable is being open to learning about some or all of these. You should also be the kind of developer that challenges the status quo and will be active in evolving our stack.
- Java 8+ / Kotlin / DropWizard / Spring / Jersey / JUnit / Gatling / Hibernate / MySQL
- Git / Bamboo / Gradle / Maven / Artifactory / Puppet / Docker
- Fully cloud hosted, Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure
- AWS services used include S3, SQS, CloudFormation, RDS, EC2, IoT, Kinesis
- Native iOS Objective C, native Android Java, J2ObjC
- Competitive salary package
- Bright spacious office in quiet area in Old Street with floor to ceiling windows and garden
- Flexible working hours and up to 30 days holiday per year (not including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Onsite yoga classes
- Childcare vouchers
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social gatherings with monthly allowance for each employee
- Biannual company events
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
Masabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself.