Intern - Maintenance Associate
Intern - Maintenance Associate
- To work in a culturally diverse and high-performance team who has built a lot of capabilities in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Based in Singapore, the regional hub for Asia Pacific (AP) and named one of the Best Companies to Work for in 2019 by HR Asia
- Join the premier biopharmaceutical company that has been in Singapore for more than 25 years and in AP for over 60 years
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Critical responsibilities but not limited to:
- Maintenance associate (Internship) will be assisting maintenance team to complete planned work activities timely, efficiently, and satisfactorily. Trainings will be provided by maintenance engineers.
- Contractor & Vendor management (Qualification, monitoring and documentation)
- Support maintenance inventory management (Spare parts of equipment /instrument)
- Support quality system improvement program (QSIP) roll out initiatives such as SOP, instructions, PM task list, etc.
- Support cGMP supplier qualification process
- Preventive maintenance (PM) optimization for safety critical plans
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma of Engineering or Science or Equivalents
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- Keen to learn
- good team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exposure to the inventory management process in pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Provide insights to the quality systems that supports the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry.
- Exposure to cGMP environment of pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience the real time and process of engaging vendors and contractors for manufacturing environment.
- Understand the types of PMs available and the rigor associated with PM execution.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Limitless opportunities across various areas in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- A state-of-the-art facility that delivers solution to its customers world-wide
- Highly engaging team that aims to innovate the future
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: