Intern - Microbiologist (EM/Water)
Our Company is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world. Our product offering categories include oncology products, vaccines, infectious diseases and animal health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world while expanding our strengths in areas like vaccines and biologics. We also devote extensive time and energy to increasing access to medicines and vaccines through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Support routine/non-routine quality monitoring, sampling and testing of Utility systems inclusive of Purified water, Compressed air and Nitrogen systems.
- Support the routine/ non-routine environmental monitoring for all required plants, facilities, clean rooms, hygienic areas and labs, inclusive of particle monitoring test.
- Ensure that tests/tasks as assigned are performed in a timely manner in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and current GMPs and GLP with necessary safety precaution.
- Perform sampling as per Standard Operating Procedures including relevant documentation work required for the inspection and the sampling such as sample label generation to perform SAP transaction
- Maintain complete and accurate recording of all tests performed in the relevant log books and worksheet.
- Ensure cleanliness and proper maintenance of various sampling tools and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining good housekeeping of the laboratories.
- Report any anomaly (e.g. Out of specifications, Out of alert and atypical events) encountered during the testing and calibration/verification of laboratory equipment.
- Ensures work and behave in accordance with Company EHS procedures, guidelines and expectations and publicly and privately demonstrate best EHS practice.
- Maintains positive working relationships among employees and fosters an environment where employee engagement, empowerment, teamwork and accountability are the cultural norm
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor / Manager
- Internship for a Degree in Microbiology / Science (general) / related Engineering field
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Good understanding of Safety and cGMP practices
- Computer Literacy
- Good oral and written communication skills
Who we are
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:No