Our Company is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world. Our product offering categories include oncology products, vaccines, infectious diseases and animal health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world while expanding our strengths in areas like vaccines and biologics. We also devote extensive time and energy to increasing access to medicines and vaccines through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
Sterile Integrated Process Team (IPT) is one of the core departments in the sterile facility of the Company. We manufactured medicines to the highest standards in full compliance with regulations and good manufacturing practices. There are strong collaborations between departments to ensure our priorities are met. You will be an active member within the IPT Improvement Team providing support, guidance and striving for excellence to ensure the success of the IPT.
- Prepare, analyze trend and host Micro tier to stakeholders of current facilities and utilities health
- Participate and support continuous improvement initiatives as part of the Company's Production System, in the gemba, problem solving, solution development, planning, execution and presentation
- Collaborate with other departments or Singapore manufacturing site to execute site or global projects
- Assist or lead project tasks for continuous improvement of manufacturing process or site contamination controls.
- Perform update of procedures, work instruction and job aids when requires.
- Provide administrative support to the IPT Improvement Team such as filing, logbook management and datasheet etc.
Qualification & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, including Chemical/Biological/Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective oral and written management communication skills
- Demonstrate self-motivation/direction skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Demonstrated capability in application of project management skills and structured/analytical problem-solving techniques
- Able to commit full-time for a period of 6 months (from January 2023 to June 2023)
Learning Outcome to be gained by the intern
Intern will be able to understand cGMP requirement of a sterile biotechnology facility and the quality system from the 6-month internship experience. Intern will also be able to demonstrate their problem-solving and project management skill from the tasks assigned. Additional learning outcome includes basic microbiology, microbiology trending and aseptic behavior during the internship.
Who we are
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:On-Site
Valid Driving License:No