PTO Engineer Intern
Our Company is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world. Our product offering categories include oncology products, vaccines, infectious diseases and animal health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world while expanding our strengths in areas like vaccines and biologics. We also devote extensive time and energy to increasing access to medicines and vaccines through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
Pharmaceutical Technical Operations (PTO) is part of our Manufacturing Division, where we deliver cost effective medicines and consumer healthcare products to patients around the world every day through innovation, technical and scientific excellence. Our Pharmaceutical network includes professionals at over 40 locations engaged in providing technical support to new product development, manufacturing and supply.
As part of the Pharmaceutical Technical Operations (PTO) team in Singapore, the PTO engineer provides technical support for the manufacturing and cleaning processes in the various manufacturing facilities at the site, along with equipment support for the main process technology platforms.
The PTO Engineer Intern's main responsibilities are as follows:
• Participate in technology transfer projects for introduction of new products or source change-related activities into full scale manufacturing
• Proactively monitor and improve the performance of the assigned equipment/module(s) or unit operation(s), including the manufacturing/cleaning process steps performed in that equipment/module(s)
• Troubleshoot equipment and manufacturing/cleaning processes to understand the root cause(s) and prevent recurrences
• Provide technical expertise for equipment commissioning and qualification including authoring and execution of qualification protocols, troubleshooting and resolving exceptions identified, and supporting new facility startup.
• Collaborate with shop-floor to execute continuous improvement of manufacturing and cleaning processes, using Lean and Six Sigma tools
• Collaborate with Science and Technology network to drive improvements in technology and business processes at the site, and within the Division.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, including Chemical/Biological/Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences
• Demonstrated capability in application of sound engineering and scientific principles, project management skills and structured/analytical problem solving techniques
• An excellent team player who is able to readily take on responsibilities and work independently
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Hybrid
Valid Driving License:No