You'll be a part of a friendly and expanding team of talented engineers, working on the newest parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
Our Engineering department is split into five teams, focusing on different parts of the buyer and seller experience. Teams are fairly static to give every member the chance to become a high performer,, but there's always a chance to try something new. With the engineering team expanding so quickly, values and culture are very important to us, and you'll be expected to help keep the great environment we have currently as we grow.
You are empowered to use the right language for the job for our services, which at the moment for us means using Golang or Python hosted in Lambda, PHP in ECS using docker, and static React sites statically hosted in S3. We will give you the freedom to make technology and tooling decisions and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
What you'll do
- Work on high traffic APIs used by hundreds of active vendors
- Work on high traffic public-facing web application used by hundreds of thousands of customers a month
- Work on high performance background workers for consuming queues
- Work collaboratively to design API specifications
- Practise DevOps, you’re responsible for getting your code to production and supporting it
- Use the latest cloud services available to run your code
- Write performant and well tested code
- Build and iterate on our core products using data driven decisions
- Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth
- Participate in recruitment process: CV reviews, interviews, reviewing technical ability and cultural fit
- Be a resource for less senior Engineers to provide mentoring and coaching
- Play a part in an agile team - participate in stand-ups, sprint planning & retrospectives
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have competent commercial experience developing applications or other software platforms
- You have a strong understanding of the development process from design through to deployment and maintenance and what that means for day-to-day development
- Your technical skillset includes:
- Modern OOP PHP framework
- Building RESTful APis/working with PHP microservices
- Unit and behavioural testing
- Version control systems (preferably Git)
- Exposure to another language, e.g. Ruby, Java, Obj-C, C#
- Previous exposure to JIRA
- Exposure to cloud providers (preferably AWS)
Things you'll learn on the job
- Laravel 4 and Lumen (Laravel 5-based)
- AWS suite - SQS, EC2, ECS+ECR, CloudFormation, S3, RDS, Cloudwatch
- Docker containers and micro-service architecture
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people based near Shoreditch. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining office football team, taking up in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you!