PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: DevOps Engineer
We’re currently seeking a DevOps Engineer within the Partner Platform, which is part our Content and Customer Services Engineering team. The Partner Platform applications are utilized worldwide by content producers to interact and supply their content onto the PlayStation platform, including games, movies, music and more. The ideal candidate would have worked and supported large web projects before understanding the entire modern SDLC using CI/CD, containers and microservices.
What you’ll be doing:
- DevOps Engineer for Partner Platform applications
- Support and maintain a large-scale Web application, and collaborate on new cloud-based services (AWS)
- Support the migration of on premise to full cloud native for a key legacy platform
- Actively build and support the move from monolithic to services-based architecture.
- Help drive innovation and modern software development methodologies across the team.
- Collaborate across multiple engineering teams
- Help support the full software development life cycle.
What we’re looking for:
- Automation & system provisioning, metrics, monitoring, scalability and security.
- Reasonable level of fluency in at least one programming language e.g. Ruby, GO, Python other than Bash
- Production level knowledge of CI/CD process and workflow
- Production level knowledge of one or more CI solutions (Jenkins, TravisCI, team City, etc)
- Production level knowledge of at least one cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience being part of a large cloud migration.
- Production level knowledge of CDN technologies (Akamai, Cloudfront)
- Production level knowledge of containers and container orchestration technologies.
- Strong Linux troubleshooting skills
- Strong Understanding of Networking & Information Security
- Experience working in an Agile/ SCRUM development style
- Experience of building/developing scalable and highly available services
- Experience of Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible or Spinnaker
- Experience of Datadog, Nagios or Sentry
- Additional knowledge/ experience with Kubernetes, Sysdig, Vault or Consul
- Understanding and working with AWS services
- Service-oriented architecture experience (We are migrating towards an SOA architecture)
- Working with geographically dispersed teams
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.