PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: E-Commerce Merchandising Manager
The E-Commerce Merchandising Manager will report to the Director, PlayStation Direct Europe. This role is critical to build and scale the online store capabilities and operations related to managing multiple store frontend experiences and optimizing store conversion rates, especially on web/mobile. The initial focus of this role is outlined below, these will evolve as the business is established, and the organization requirements to form a contributing business unit with PlayStation’s operations, are finalized.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make the D2C store the ultimate single destination for PlayStation customers to shop for Hardware, Software, Peripherals, and online services by delivering an optimal consumer and retail experience
- Collaborate closely with PlayStation Direct Content and Commercial Leads to optimise merchandise experiences designed to support end to end content lifecycle opportunities, from initial launch and throughout the promotional lifecycle, to drive the achievement of revenue and customer funnel KPI goals
- Work with localization teams to support multiple store fronts to drive specific experiences where appropriate to the individual territory storefront
- Optimize customer experience through continuous analysis of customer journey tracking and review of click through and conversion rates across the entire store navigational structure to identify areas of success and opportunities to remove friction and enhance conversion
- Work collaboratively and globally with E-commerce, Marketing, Creative, and localization teams to create engaging experiences within multiple storefronts, including defining a creative asset framework for banners, and custom assets to support key products as well as promotional events.
- Partner with the Business Insights & Analytics team to proactively identify gaps and opportunities by analyzing site data by territory to curate the best experience for our customers; develop and test methodologies, technologies, or approaches to find potential conversion improvement opportunities
- Proactively engage with Product Management and Engineering teams on UX store designs and optimizations to help PlayStation become the #1 online retailer destination for PlayStation customers.
- Collaborate with global cross-functional teams to develop and manage customer facing messaging and communication such as transactional emails and on-site messaging (promotional email, purchase notifications, order & delivery tracking)
- Ensure high quality of work through rigorous QA across to be defined across channels.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years’ experience in global e-commerce roles, preferably in media & digital entertainment industry
- Experience working with global teams with a clear understanding of localization and its business processes
- Solid understanding of e-commerce UX Design and what it means to be an advocate for the user
- Operational experience using Content Management Systems, preferably Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 (CMS, DAM)
- Knowledge of basic HTML and Adobe Photoshop
- Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions. Proven ability to draw on many sources of insights and react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction
- Proficient with web analytics tools to run reports and analysis, preferably using Adobe Analytics
- Creative, open-minded leader who is adaptive to change and able to function in a start-up-like dynamic environment, under tight deadlines.
- Detailed oriented with strong time management and prioritization skills to manage multiple web store fronts and projects effectively
- Able to speak more than one language is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Passionate about video games and familiarity with PlayStation products
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.