PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
A career at PlayStation involves collaboration with some of the most talented people in the realm of interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation Studios QA team in Liverpool have an opportunity within their fast-paced team, supporting QA activities on the cutting edge of hardware and software experiences.
The Resource Coordinator supports the Vendor and Resource Services team by co-ordinating and providing a wide range of services and activities related to internal and external resources.
All employees are encouraged to champion an environment consistent with Sony’s values through communication, collaboration, inclusion, and innovation, influencing others to do the same.
Clarity and Energy | Listens | Communicates With Confidence | Shares | Keeps Everyone Informed
Creates | Flexible | Considers Alternatives | Curious | Takes Risks | Improves Status Quo | Explore
Builds Relationships | Values Others | Works Well As Part of Broader SIE Team | Belonging | Team Spirit
Sensitive | Encourages | Solicits Feedback | Contributes | Trust | Welcoming | Diversity
What you'll be doing:
Resource Coordination Activities
- Partner with In QA Support and advise Test Services on spacing capacity and resource location
- Coordinate and run weekly meetings with test teams reviewing resourcing and spacing (provide regional and global updates)
- Identify and monitor title resource and title workload requirements
- Capture, track, and report on titles being worked on by resource
- Provide recommendations and analysis for specific teams and titles (providing regional/global analytics and creating what-if scenarios)
- Design, create and maintain title planning/staffing models based on resourcing requirements
- Historical analysis for resource planning based on actuals, budget analysis on headcount/hours versus space (and other various data points)
- Internal global space and headcount usage – establishing metrics and monitoring, completing analysis, and providing recommendations for action
- Build and maintain title resource, title planning, and tracking tools (any excel, non-system based)
- Assist with staff performance meetings
Vendor Payment Coordination Activities:
- Approve vendor timecards daily according to the DSRs (Daily Status Reports), collaborating closely with Test Leads, Test Managers and Vendors as required
- Creation of purchase requests for services received by PlayStation Studios
- Facilitate execution of all stages of the vendor payment process
- Confirmation of goods receipt for services received by PlayStation Studios
- Ensure purchase requisitions are approved through the chain
- Track all PO numbers raised and breakdown costs
- PlayStation Studios QA Management and Test Teams
- PlayStation Studios In QA Support
- Business Systems and Services
What we're looking for:
- Acute attention to detail and ability to perform data entry with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills/customer service mentality
- Ability to work within a team, both in person and virtually
- Positive attitude and ability to cope with changing environment
- Comfortable in working within deadlines and timelines
- Willingness to adapt and adopt new processes and functions
- BCS Specialist Certificate in Supplier Management or related proficiency desired
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years related to resource coordination and recruitment
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle storage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.