PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Sr. Director, Consumer Engagement, is a highly visible and strategic role at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), responsible for working across the PlayStation portfolio to deliver player engagement and revenue by leading an integrated channel management and contact strategy across our owned channels (Web, Email, Mobile Push, and on-console).
This creative and inspiring leader will work closely with senior management and be a critical partner to the brand marketers leading PlayStation brands, report to the global Head of Global Media and Omnichannel Marketing, and be responsible for a constantly evolving team in various global offices across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Together, we are on a mission to redefine owned channel marketing and its relationship to company growth and player engagement!
What you’ll be doing:
Lifecycle Marketing & Consumer Engagement (Global Strategy, Planning & Delivery)
- Lead a global portfolio of content marketing and lifecycle programs across brands and services, in partnership with business vertical owners, regional marketers, and commercial leads.
- Innovate and evolve the existing portfolio of disparate owned channel programs into a unified, customer-centric, flexible program.
- Ensure that global programs incorporate and support regional goals and tactical outcomes.
- Identify and scale new programs and deliver step-change campaign performance improvement
- Optimise program portfolio and operating models to deliver reliable returns on investment
- Lead relationship with partner agencies & joint business partners
- Coordinate with brand management, digital marketing, promotions and PR on marketing plans and executions across their areas.
- Maintain deep knowledge of CRM and customer engagement landscape and evolutions, seek and understand emerging trends, provide ongoing education to the marketing organisation.
Content Marketing, Editorial, & SEO
- Lead and develop a team of editors, producers, and SEO specialists
- Set organic growth goals (revenue, engagement, customer acquisition, etc.); report and improve on organic growth metrics
- Lead team in collaborating with key partners on identifying content stories that align with key cultural, player, and business needs to drive deeper consumer engagement
- Utilise expertise on industry best practices alongside changes in consumer preferences to develop a category-leading SEO engine
- Lead the delivery of industry-leading content programs in support the PlayStation portfolio of products, services, and supported third-party software
Leadership & Operational Excellence
- Build a tangible Centre of Excellence for lifecycle marketing, content marketing, and platform engagement, providing proven methodologies, standardised processes, and education
- Build global process for planning and running lifecycle marketing, platform engagement, and content marketing, supporting overall business/communications planning across the portfolio through an extraordinary operations framework.
- Lead partnership with Omnichannel Product Management & Platform Engineering team to define and develop feature road-map and prioritisation.
- Develop a persistent “Test and Learn” approach across the team, and work with in-house analytics and data teams to lead delivery of campaign insights across Omnichannel campaigns.
- Inspire, lead, and develop the Customer Engagement team to achieve their goals, build a successful career at SIE, and redefine the impact Omnichannel Marketing can have at the company.
- Play a leadership role within the broader Global Media and Omnichannel Marketing team, contributing to the development of a high performance growth marketing team with a focus on collaboration, executional excellence, business impact, and accountability.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications/ Advertising / Media Studies preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in D2C marketing, customer lifecycle management, engagement marketing.
- Experience building and scaling CRM and/or content and operations teams with global impact and the ability to work empathetically across regions
- Video Game and/or other entertainment marketing experience preferred.
- 7+ years of management experience and proven team leadership.
- Insights-led media professional with ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of the owned channel space & CRM landscape (web, email, social, SMS, on-platform messaging, etc.)
- Clear perspective on omnichannel measurement.
- Thorough understanding of SEO and the role of content marketing plays in organic discovery
- Ambition to reshape the organisation's approach to platform engagement and content marketing through data driven leadership that drive campaign tactics.
- Ability to prioritise and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
- Sophisticated communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent social skills with the expertise and integrity that will earn respect and trust with internal team members and external vendors.
- Inspiring leader that has the consistent track record to lead and develop a globally distributed team.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.