PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior Engineer - Research and Development
R&D are PlayStation’s technology experts. We develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
As part of the Global R&D team, you will be working with small focused project teams researching and implementing cutting edge technologies, and finding ways to apply them to our platform and services.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who aims to have a key role in driving technology research in the team and contribute to the identification and development of novel solutions. The focus of the team is to investigate ways to improve how game content is created through the use of Machine Learning / AI; in areas such as animation pipelines, content creation and automated gameplay and verification.
What you’ll be doing;
- Researching state of the art technologies
- Contributing to identifying and developing the technology portfolio of future PlayStation platforms
- Performing research and sharing information internally, in relevant conferences or publications
- Developing proof of concepts and cutting-edge technology prototypes
- Anticipating technology trends and applying these to improve our existing and future PlayStation products/services
What we're looking for:
- Degree or equivalent and 3+ year's relevant experience
- Strong technical background in Machine Learning, Maths or Computer Science
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language; such as C, C++, Python, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Strong fundamental understanding of Machine Learning theory, architectures and cutting edge research areas
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a larger team
- Ability to work proactively on your own
Nice to have:
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
- Experience of animation technologies
- Experience in working in an R&D environment
- Experience with research communities, including having published papers at conferences
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.