PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract role, with the possibility to be extended.
The SIE Developer Technology Group consists of experts from a wide range of technology and platform specific areas including Graphics, System Software, Submission process and Network. The group works closely with internal teams world-wide to assist partners with their questions and concerns, streamline the operational processes and provide the best solutions for the applications that will be released on the PlayStation platforms. The Developer Technology Group provides technical expertise to first and third parties organizations to help them develop their applications. The Submission team interacts closely with Publisher and Developers both online and at conferences to ensure their success on PlayStation.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be working with the Submission team to provide support and consultancy to Developers and Publishers on all PlayStation platforms via our support website, on-site visits and conferences
- You will liaise with internal teams across all the SIE territories to work on solutions for our partners
- You will delve deep into our platform requirements, support developers in understanding them, and make sure they are implemented correctly
- You will provide technical support, escalate, troubleshoot and answer assistance requests from our partners and/or other internal teams
- You will gather partners’ feedback about difficulties they experience and relay it to the internal engineering teams
- You will manage the communication between external and internal parties (including Third Parties Business Relations, Store Operations, Policy, Services) in relation to issues that our partners might experience
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with digital technologies and/or in the game industry
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and teams locally and remotely
- Ability to communicate clearly in a multicultural environment
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts effectively
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- High level of flexibility, diplomacy and openness to change
- Excellent relationship management skills, welcoming and proactive
- Experience in customer support and developers relations
- Attention to details and good time-management skills
- Remarkable problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical capabilities
- Knowledge of the game industry and the PlayStation world
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.