Performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements, and presents a complete and accurate statement of its financial position.
- Collects, compiles, and verifies financial information to provide management with accurate and timely information for making decisions.
- Analyzes changes in account balances and financial information to document and explain transactions.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements.
- Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations.
- Assist with compiling audit (internal & external) support.
- Assist with AR reconciliations
Provide requested support and associated schedules to
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years).
- Experience with revenue recognition, account reconciliation, and audit preferred
CPA or in process of obtaining license preferred
- Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients
- Proven analytical and financial acumen
- Confidence to handle sensitive information and make sound recommendations
- Ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous tasks while still delivering high quality results
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to successfully interact with key internal clients and vendors
- Strong organizational and project administration skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
- Solid understanding of accounting/financial principles, and regulations/legal requirements
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)