PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As Dir Lab Ops, you are committed to oversees all aspects of management of laboratory operations and ensures productivity, efficiency and quality of the work is maintained and financial goals of the business are achieved, allocates resources, facilities and personnel where necessary, plans and develops laboratory policies and ensures proper implementation, provides technical leadership and mentors lab management staff, develops and maintains client relationships.
- Negotiates and executes project contracts, defines project scope, pricing and business and contractual interactions with clients, business development and inside sales. Supports sales/marketing efforts and builds and maintains client relations.
- Manages and directs work responsibilities of staff, assigns and prioritizes tasks and resources.
- Financial management of projects, revenues and costs and ensures the financial goals for the business are met; strategic planning and capabilities development.
- Oversees laboratory operations and ensures compliance to company SOP's and policies and client requirements.
- Procures and allocates personnel and analytical instrumentation, IT and space needs to appropriate areas based on business needs.
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations.
- Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12 years).5 years of management responsibility
- Strong leadership skills
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full understanding of GMP, ICH guidelines and other regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of the drug development industry
- Strong knowledge of personnel and fiscal management
- Strong knowledge of chromatography, dissolution and other analytical instrumentation operation and troubleshooting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to mutli-task
- Excellent critical thinking skills to support quality decision making
PPD offers continued career advancement as a Scientist, as well as management and specialized opportunities in other departments within PPD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We are looking forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your application and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.