- Ensure effective operation for items such as scope of work, contractual issues, changes in staffing levels, and budget negotiation by serving as the primary point of client contact; effective troubleshooting for database issues, phone routing or other items as they effect other departments at PPD, vendors, or other departments at the client; maintaining project knowledge; coordinating and implementing new project operations, and monitoring project processes (QA, compliance, SOPs, regulatory) that will maximize quality and client loyalty.
- Handles personnel management responsibilities including performance management, salary administration, hiring, employee relations, conflict resolution, and employee development.
- Ensures quality objectives are met and develops and maintains project SOPs, develops and/or reviews corporate SOPs, and complies with all company policies and procedures including SOPs, protocols, GCPs, and FDA regulations.
- Monitors billable hours to meet divisional revenue and client budgetary goals, reviews consultant billable hours reports and monitors supervisor billable hours. Verifies client invoice amounts and communicates required changes to Medical Communications finance.
- Participates in capabilities presentations to help secure new business and alerts the Director and Business Development team to new business opportunities with existing clients. Reviews and provides operational input on proposals, contracts and/or renewals associated with existing clients.
- Participates in the development of processes and strategies designed to assist in meeting the above stated goals on a division-wide basis.
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for a individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong decision making skills
• Ability to coach and mentor staff
• Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently as needed
Directs through lower management levels and / or highly skilled specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independent judgment. Often heads one or more departments or a large centralized staff function. In some instances may be responsible for a functional area (as determined by executive management) and not have subordinate supervisors or employees. May manage employees across multiple regions.
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
• Constant interaction with clients/associates required
• Must pay constant attention to detail-visual, mental
• Must be able to multi-task constantly
• Long, varied hours required occasionally
• Daily exposure to high pressure, intense concentration
• Occasional drives to site locations, frequent travels both domestic and international
• Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
• Moderate mobility required
• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf
• Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally &
• Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration
• Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task
• Regular and consistent attendance