PPD is a leading global contract research organization
providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management
services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
As an Administrative Assistant at PPD you will provide support in the day to day administrative functions such as scheduling meetings, completing expense reports, and coordinating travel.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides administrative support performing the day-to-day administrative functions including planning, organizing and scheduling.
- Inventories, orders and distributes office supplies.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, correspondence and other printed material.
- Sets up, organizes and maintains correspondence files and other departmental records.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations and prepares expense reports and ensures submission in a timely fashion.
- Assists in preparation of presentations by compiling and preparing materials as needed.
- Coordinates details of onsite and offsite meetings and conferences including catering needs.
- Cooperates and coordinates with administrative assistants in other departments to handle temporary work overloads and fill in for temporary absences.
High school/secondary school graduate or professional certification
Previous clerical or administrative experience (comparable to 0-2 years)
Or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and organization systems.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and set priorities and effectively perform a variety of task simultaneously.
- Ability to deal professionally with highly confidential information and matters.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you