PPD is a leading global
contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory
and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our
purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As an IT Applications Administrator, you will provide basic support for enterprise applications as well as maintain a stable systems environment with minimal downtime and maximum performance.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides basic implementation, operational and maintenance support for enterprise applications. Maintains a stable systems environment with minimal downtime and maximum performance. For the Labs this also includes support for analytical software and associated dedicated hardware as well as administrative support for server-based laboratory applications.
- Working with direction, this position will provide both development and operational support for our Laboratory Application Database Systems.
- Specifically, this position will work with the end users to provide training and support on Laboratory computer systems.
- Primary responsibility is support of primary database applications. Support includes Tier 1-4 ticket support, user training, data migrations, data modifications, and research for these applications.
- Collaboration with various staff and vendors is essential to manage projects and resolve short-term issues.
- Works with the Senior Application Administrator and IT Operations Manager to set project priorities and manage tasks.
- This position operates with minimal guidance from senior staff in support of the Laboratory applications.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- 3 years of experience in application support.
- Proficient with SQL developer and writing complex scripts is required.
- Understanding of 21 CFR part 11 compliance.
- Experience with Selenium test case writing is a bonus.
- Someone who can read/ understand Java is a bonus.
- English skills- excellent spoken and writing is a must.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Looking for someone who can handle a full workload (multiple projects) and likes to work in a very fast paced environment.
- Proactive- Someone who can demonstrate that they have taken proactive steps in previous projects to make things more efficient/ prevent future issues.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you