PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive,
integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are
passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work within a multidisciplinary team, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD Medical Communications, a global leader of medical information contact centers, providing local, regional, and global solutions customized to meet each client’s needs. PPD Medical Communication’s reach extends to 10 countries, with agents speaking 18 languages.
As an IT Applications Administrator, you will provide basic support for enterprise applications as well as maintain a stable systems environment with minimal downtime and maximum performance.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Summarized Purpose: Provides basic implementation, operational and maintenance support for enterprise applications. Maintains a stable systems environment with minimal downtime and maximum performance. For the Labs this also includes support for analytical software and associated dedicated hardware as well as administrative support for server based laboratory applications.
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic application-specific support issues.
- Installs and maintains enterprise application software, facilitates application code deployments and configuration changes.
- Executes change requests and qualifications.
- Liaises with other internal groups and vendors.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of application problems, if necessary, working with our system development team, systems/network administration personnel, other departments at PPD, or with software vendors
- Ability to diagnose problems, define/resolve/coordinate the implementation of solutions with other groups
- Self-motivated with the initiative to see issue resolution through to completion
- Ability to interact with relational databases (primarily Oracle, some SQL Server). Ex. authoring Structured Query Language (SQL)-based queries
- Some support knowledge of the applications/technology being supported
- Basic support knowledge of desktop operating systems and desktop productivity applications (MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, etc.)
- General understanding of server administration, user account management and architecture (Windows Server, Linux). Ex. navigating Linux directory structures, understanding Windows Server
- Experience with a medical information systems is a plus
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you