PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 46 countries and approximately 25,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development and optimize value in delivering life-changing therapies to improve health.
PPD are currently recruiting for an Operations Finance Assistant on the apprenticeship scheme. The role is based in our EMEA head office in Cambridge. As an Operations Finance Assistant you will provide support to the Operations Finance Analysts. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Operations Finance department and develop into a business finance role. You will be working closely with the departments’ Finance Analysts.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Preparation of
Monthly Invoice Back-up
- Completion of Reporting templates
- Detailed Analysis & Reconciliation
- Audit preparation and checks
During the term of the apprenticeship, we will provide an excellent training framework including some of the following;
- In the first instance, Level 2 book keeping course at First Intuition.
- AAT training (level 3) with First Intuition
- Additional off the job training, Onboarding, Skills Soft and Learning Management System.
- Secondment to other PPD based finance departments.
- Effective communication skills both
verbal and written
- Ability to deliver accurately and within deadlines
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- IT skills (word processing, Excel spreadsheets, email
- Highly motivated with the willingness to learn new business systems and processes
- Pay attention to detail
- To be determined and show involvement in achieving organisational goals
- Be proactive and use own initiative
- Approachable and self-motivated
- 3 A levels or equivalent & 5 GCSEs 6-9