Provides bionformatics programming support for some or all of the following activities: creation and maintenance of programs used for data management, data validation, analysis data, statistical report generation, and program validation. Communicates effectively within a multi-disciplinary project team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
- Performs programming support tasks as assigned by study project team leads that includes but is not limited to creating, executing, maintaining, and validating programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combining data from a variety of sources and structures, generating and storing summary data from a variety of sources, generating reports or combining multiple databases and validating programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS and standard tools and processes.
- Actively seeks information to gain a good understanding of the programming role and the overall process, including following departmental working practice documents and SOPs. Documents all work and manages own assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality.
- Functions as a team member by working with study team leads to ensure they are kept informed of progress on tasks assigned. • Increases knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry by working closely with mentors, attending presentations / teaching events, and contributing to other general department documents and policies by assisting mentors with implementing best practice documents and article
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years). In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fundamental understanding of one or more programming languages
• Essential attention to detail
• Decent problem solving skills
• Decent written and verbal communications skills
• Basic organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
• Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
• Demonstrated initiative and motivation