Associate Biostatistician - UK
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
PPD currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Statistics graduate to join our Biostats & Programming department in the UK as an Associate Biostatistician. PPD will provide extensive training and mentoring for the successful candidate.
As an Assoc Biostatistician you will provide statistical support and gain experience in the following areas; analysis database creation, statistical analyses, and creation of formatted statistical analysis tables and summaries.
- Serve as a statistician on small and simple projects with supervision
- Create analysis databases from Data Management database. Coordinate with programmers and data management personnel as to database maintenance, updating and documentation
- Provide sample size calculations and review protocols for completeness, appropriateness of clinical design, and sound statistical analysis
- Provide randomization schemes and appropriate documentation
- Develop statistical analysis plan including table and listing specifications
- Program/validate statistical tables. Provide proper documentation and oversee the work of others who also assist in programming/validating
- Prepare and review reports. Contribute to the statistical methods section and verify for completeness and consistency for report
- Participate in sponsor meetings. Interact with other departments, such as data management, clinical, and medical writing
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field
- Or Bachelors Degree in the above and some experience working in Statistics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Good understanding of basic statistical procedures
- Knowledge of clinical trials database structure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
Please apply or contact Adam Davis, Senior Recruiter, on [email protected] for more information.