PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
About the Department:
Our colleagues in Global Total Rewards strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
About the Position:
As a member of the Total Reward Center of Expertise and Executive Compensation team, the Associate Director (or Director), Executive and Incentive Compensation manages the full scope of executive and incentive compensation processes including the planning, design, implementation, administration and monitoring of all executive compensation plans and programs, including executive base pay, short-term and long-term incentive plans as well as the tools and systems that support these plans.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
Ensures the programs are aligned with the Company’s strategic objectives, comply with legal requirements, are market competitive, cost-effective and tax-efficient.
- Manages the planning, design, implementation and administration of all executive compensation plans and incentive plans (long-term equity program and short-term incentive plans including sales incentive plans).
- Collaborates with and serves as subject matter expert consultant for all executive compensation programs to business partners such as HR, Finance, Legal and senior leadership
- Supports efforts to align executive pay programs with the Company’s strategic objectives, comply with legal, tax and accounting requirements.
- Assesses executive compensation and incentive compensation plans, including competitiveness and effectiveness of design, and develops recommendations for changes.
- Gathers and analyzes external market data to assess competitive positioning of total compensation for senior executives and develops recommended actions based on findings.
- Supports the development and implementation of all executive compensation programs in consultation with HR, Finance, Legal and senior leaders, including communication strategy to educate executive participants on the key features and potential value of the plans.
- Supports data analysis and reporting requirements necessary to manage the executive compensation programs effectively
- Supports preparation of materials needed for presentation to senior leaders and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Consults with HR and recruitment staff on preparation of senior executive offers and/or promotion packages.
- Supports Legal and Finance in the preparation of SEC reporting and disclosures including the Proxy’s CD&A.
- Remains abreast of new or revised regulations, assesses impact and prepares recommendations for presentation to department executive management
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10-12 years’ experience) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
Strongly prefer experience in an executive compensation role for a large, publicly-traded multi-national organization.
Knowledge of stock plan systems is a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in equity and incentive plan management
- Strong background and close interaction with finance, legal, tax, shareholder and other regulatory compliance functions as related to executive compensation programs
- Strong planning and project management skills with a proven ability to deliver high quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in developing detailed analysis, pro forma models, plan calculations, data models and tools
- Excellent executive presence and experience working with and presenting to senior executives
- Strong proficiency in preparing program/plan documents and presentations for management, Board of Directors and plan participants
- Excellent knowledge of applicable federal, state and international laws and regulations (e.g. FASB, IRC including Section 409A and Section 162(m), Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills
- Strong consultative, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Strong judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled, hands-on, results-oriented leader
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into program design and delivery
- Proven ability to deliver accurate work products in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require minimal as-needed travel (0-10%)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we would love to hear from you.