PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 47 countries and more than 25,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health.
PPD are currently looking for an Associate Director, Treasury on a permanent basis to join our Treasury team, to help and guide other Treasury Team members with Treasury best practices, exploring further system automations, maintain Treasury control framework, as well as having a positive impact on the wider finance function.
This exciting role is based in either our EMEA regional headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom or company headquarters at Wilmington, NC, United States. As an Associate Director, Treasury, you will be reporting into the ED of Global Treasury.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the treasury team to ensure Global Treasury control framework is maintained in the highest standard, process and procedures are being performed consistently and timely. Continue to seek further best practices and adopt process improvements where relevant
- Leading the effort in fully utilizing Treasury Management System and develop further system automation as well as Treasury initiatives in any future system implementation projects
- Organising and planning for smooth day to day Treasury operations as well as participating in some strategic Treasury projects
- Reviewing and producing regular Treasury reports as well as providing ad hoc analysis and reporting to senior management team where required
- Liaising with other department heads or representative across the organisation for ad hoc problem resolution or developing any new processes
- Maintaining good professional working relationship with key relationship banks and key treasury vendors
Minimum Required Education and
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance required
• Well-rounded and seasoned Treasury Manager with solid understanding of Treasury activities
• Treasury Management System (FIS) and major bank platforms experience
• ACT or ICAEW or ACCA or CIMA Finance or Accounting qualification
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective team leader as well as team player
- Knowledge of Treasury/Cash management products/services
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High Level of attention to details
- Strong knowledge of Treasury Management System and able to lead technical projects
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance.
We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together.
We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.