Division / Dept.: Immunochemistry
Location: Richmond, VA (Office Based)
Note: Full time, Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD is a leading global contract research
organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As an AGL, you an emerging scientific leader that is passionate about science and coaching and engaging analysts and overseeing laboratory operations on a daily basis.
- Provides line-level management coordination of resources and work schedules for laboratory activities.
- Oversees daily operations and assists in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
- Ensures that projects are completed in a timely manner so that company revenues are met and clients are satisfied with the quality and turnaround time of work being performed.
- Ensures that laboratory staff continues to be developed to keep pace with department goals and growth.
PPD offers continued
career advancement as an Associate Group leader, as well as management and specialized
opportunities in other departments within PPD.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
Richmond BioA Labs Overview:
PPD LinkedIn Video Landing Page:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in lab sciences such as biology, biochemistry, immunology, chemistry, molecular biology or similar
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4 years)
- OR PhD (comparable to 2 years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency on technical operating systems
- Experience performing immunoassays, ELISA or similar testing
- Support testing and analysis in the immunochemistry and vaccine department (run assays, prepare samples, lab documentation)
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to be project solution driven
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Can independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
- Technical writing skills; ability to write quality documents (SOPs, investigation forms, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Project and time management skills
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements
For This Role
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities